Main purpose of job:
• Dealing & Greeting customers who enter the shop.
• Day to day management and delegation of work to catering team
• Be involved in stock control and management.
• Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
• Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
• Stocking shelves with merchandise.
• Answering queries from customers.
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
• Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
• Balancing cash registers with receipts.
• Dealing with customer refunds.
• Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
• Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
• Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
• Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
• Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
• Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
• Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
The personal skills that are required for the job:
• Having a friendly and engaging personality.
• Comfortable working with members of the public.
• Should have a confident manner.
• Must be helpful and polite.
• Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
• You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods
• Able to work as part of a sales team.
• Knowledge of inventory techniques.
• Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.